- 1 16 oz box linguini
- 4 lb raw shrimp
- 1 leek, sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2-3 sprigs tarragon
- pinch saffron (optional)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add pasta to boiling water.
- Using a large skillet, melt 1 tbsp of butter over medium heat.
- Add leek, garlic and onion. Saute until translucent.
- Add shrimp, tarragon and saffron. Cook until shrimp begins to pink, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from the skillet.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine. Add the remaining butter. Reduce the heat, and allow it to thicken.
- Return shrimp to the sauce.
- Drain pasta and add to the skillet.
- Mix pasta and shrimp together and serve.