- 2″ ginger, sliced
- 8 green onions, sliced
- 1 whole chicken
- 1/2 c oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Clean the cavity of the chicken. Ensure no giblets remain.
- Fill a large pot with water, add half ginger and onions and bring to a boil.
- Submerge the chicken in the boiling water.
- When the water returns to a boil, lift the chicken and drain the water from the cavity back into the pot.
- Return the chicken back into the pot, bring the pot back to a boil.
- Once it begins boiling turn down the temperature
- Cover the pot with a lid and allow it to simmer for 25-35 mins
- While the chicken cooks, combine oil, salt, and remaining ginger and green onions in a small bowl.
- When the juices run clear, the chicken is cooked. Chicken is cooked when juices run clear. Remove the chicken from the pot.
- Slice chicken and serve with the dip on the side.