- 1 whole chicken
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 parsnips, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 3 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 cups water
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat a large soup pot over high heat.
- Put the whole chicken in the pot, and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Skim the foam off the top.
- Add diced veggies and bay leaf.
- Add 1 tsp salt.
- Reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and allow to cook 2-3 hours.
- Adjust salt and add pepper to taste.
- Remove soup from the heat and strain to remove the bones.
- Add shredded chicken and veggies back into the broth as desired.
- Serve and enjoy.