- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3/4c. shredded potato
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4c. onion, finely chopped
- 1/4c. bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 c. tomato juice
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/4c. water
- Combine beef, potato, onion, pepper, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper and egg.
- Shape into patties.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown patties on both sides and drain.
- Add tomato juice and simmer, covered for 20 minutes.
- Remove patties from the sauce, and keep warm.
- Whisk the flour into the water, and add the slurry to the skillet.
- Reduce the heat and cook until thickened.
- Pour over the patties and serve.
Food tastes best when shared. Post a photo of your food and tag us @bowrivermeatmarket.