- 1 kg boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- ½ c. dry white wine
- ½ c. heavy cream
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- ½ c. fresh basil, julienned
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed skillet on medium-high heat.
- Season chicken thighs with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Cook thighs top side down for 5 minutes until they start to brown.
- Flip and cook for another five minutes.
- Remove chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Deglaze the pan using the wine. Add the chopped garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomato sauce and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a low simmer. Add fresh spinach and basil and cook until the greens wilt. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Return chicken to the skillet and add cream over top.
- Allow the chicken to simmer in the sauce until cooked through.
- Serve and finish with grated parmesan.
Food tastes best when shared. Post a photo of your food and tag us @bowrivermeatmarket.