- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3 c. french fries
- 1 c. beef broth
- 1 tbsp flour
- ½ onion, chopped
- ¼ c. pickle, chopped
- ½ c. tomato, diced
- 1 green onion, sliced
- ½ c. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 c. cheese curds
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season beef with paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Add onions to the skillet. Add and brown the meat.
- Strain the beef from the skillet and set aside.
- Return the skillet, with the juices from the beef to the stove and lower the heat to medium-low.
- Whisk flour into the fat to create a roux.
- Combine the stock and the roux, and bring to a gentle boil, stirring regularly.
- Allow the gravy to reduce by half.
- Place french fries in a large serving dish.
- Top fries with ground beef and cheese curds. Spoon gravy over top.
- Finish with tomato, pickles, green onion and cheddar cheese.
Food tastes best when shared. Post a photo of your food and tag us @bowrivermeatmarket.